Quality Policy Statement
MedLab Ghana is committed to providing a service of highest quality, taking into consideration the needs and requirements of its users.
In order to ensure that the needs and requirements of users are met, MedLab will:
- Operate a quality management system to integrate the organization, procedures, processes and resources
- Set quality objectives and plans in order to implement this quality policy
- Ensure that all personnel are familiar with the quality policy, the quality manual and all procedures relevant to their work so as to ensure user satisfaction
- Commit to the health, safety and welfare of all its staff
- Ensure that visitors to the laboratory will be treated with respect and due consideration will be given to their safety while on site
- Uphold professional values and be committed to good professional practice and conduct.
MedLab will comply with the ISO 15189 standard, taking into consideration local and regional standards and guidelines, and is committed to:
- Staff recruitment, training, development and retention and to provide a full and effective service to its users
- The proper procurement and maintenance of the equipment and other resources needed for the provision of service
- The collection, transport and handling of all specimens in such a way as to ensure the correct performance of laboratory examinations
- The use of examination procedures that will ensure the highest achievable quality of all tests performed
- Reporting results of examinations in ways which are timely, confidential, accurate and clinically useful
- The assessment of user satisfaction, in addition to internal audit and external quality assessment, in order to produce continual quality improvement
The scope of services as offered by the laboratory is in the disciplines of chemistry, endocrinology, serology, hematology, microbiology and andrology.